Monday, May 5, 2008

Another Weekend

It was a big training weekend. I sort of slacked on Saturday and just hung out and relaxed with Melissa, it was a nice day to just do nothing which is pretty much what we did all day. It was good because I was tired and it was nice to rest my legs for an extra day. Sunday I went for a 4 mile trail run over on the Lebanon Hills Park horse trail. I found a nice 2 mile loop so I just did a couple of laps there. I think it will be a good place to do my training runs for the Afton race; there are some big hills, both up and down so it is good practice for the race. I did the 4 miles in 44 minutes for an average of 11 minute miles which is where I want to be. My goal for the 25k is 11 to 15 minute miles, to finish and not be last, good goals huh?. After the trail run I rested for about 2 hours and then rode 14.5 miles at the Lebanon Mountain bike trails. These trails are really fun, nice singletrack with lots of obstacles, log piles, rock gardens and climbing, lots and lots of climbing, I think pretty much the first 3 miles are all up hill, which is a wonderful way to start a ride. Check out more information on this trail here: http://www.morcmtb.org/trailreviews/metro/lebanon.shtml this is a great trail and always a lot of fun to ride.

Other wise it was a pretty quiet weekend. The weather looks like it is going to be nice for the next few days so I am hoping to get out riding and running my usual schedule this week.

I did have my best training week last week, so that was exciting, I ran 15.1 miles and biked 40.2 miles.

It is painful sitting here today, the sun is out and it is really nice outside today. I really would rather be doing something outside. Tonight though should be good. Melissa and I are planning a 20 mile road ride tonight. Then tomorrow is my long run day. Should be a good week for training.

No comments: