Monday, April 7, 2008

Famous


So they have this new thing at the Twins games this year. You can take a picture of yourself at the game and text it to this fan site and they pick some and put them on the scoreboard during the 5th inning. Melissa and I decided to try it. We sent the picture attached and sure enough in the middle of the 5th inning there we were grinning away. It was pretty cool and fun to see ourselves up there. The Twins lost the game, but there were a couple of great plays, and Morneau hit one out so that was cool. Melissa and I are thinking about heading down to Kansas City in June to check out a game and eat BBQ. Kansas City is a great town, lots of good food down there. Kaufmann Stadium where the Royals play is a great spot as well, I have been to Arrowhead to see a soccer game but have never been to see the Royals play, so we are thinking about that. June the Royals play the Cardinals which could be a lot of fun, so right now that might be the time to go.

In other news I started running again, I ran a little bit a few years ago and had a hard time getting into it. This time I am enjoying it so far. I signed up for a 25K in July out at Afton State Park. It is a 25K trail run, so that should be interesting. I have officially started my training for it. Starting kind of slow I have ran twice in the past 4 days and have gone a total of 5.8 miles. I am following a training schedule for a half marathon. The training schedule calls for either 3 or 4 days of running and 3 or 4 days of cross training and then 1 day off. I am going to pretty much stick to biking for my cross training which is what they recommend doing. I am looking forward to my big race in July. Melissa and I are signed up to run a 5K next Sunday so that should be fun. I am not even sure if I got into the 25K yet, I sent in my entry and fee and am just waiting to see if I do get in, they only allow 300 people so part of me is keeping my fingers crossed and the other is groaning at the idea of running 15 miles…

Lastly, Jake came home on Saturday. Melissa and I had him cremated. We paid extra for an individual cremation so we got his ashes back. They came in a little box in a black velvet bag that said “Until we meet again at the rainbow bridge.” They vet also provided a little clay paw print which we also picked up. The whole thing was very hard for Melissa, but she is doing better and it is good to have Jake home. I thought everything was very nice and very professional which was good and made it a little easier. Everyone at the vet was very nice and caring; Jake has been going to the same place since he was a puppy so everyone knew him over there.

No comments: