Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting back to normal


So everything is slowly getting back to normal. We are starting to feel better and even though we both miss little Jake we realize that it was the right decision. We know that Jake is running and playing with new friends on nice soft grass in bright sunshine with lots of cold water and his favorite treats. I miss my buddy but I know that it is better for him now. It is going to be weird sitting in the garage this summer listening to the ball game without him.

It was a good weekend. Saturday Melissa went running with a friend of hers from work, they ran around Lake Harriet, I went along and hung out in the car and worked on my list of things that I need to do to lead a more adventurous life. I got to 58 things in the time it took them to run around the lake which wasn’t very long. My whole goal in life is to have adventure and not sit still for very long. I am hoping that I will be able to check a few of the things on my list off this spring and summer. After the run we all went to Q. Cumbers which is a salad bar place in Edina. They have a very nice salad bar and a small hot bar with lots of good healthy food on it. That was fun, I like Melissa’s running friend and her boyfriend was there so it was nice to chat with them.

Saturday night we went over to Tea Garden on Grand Ave in St. Paul and had 2 pots of tea and I worked more on my adventure list while Melissa did some work stuff. It was a fun Saturday.

Sunday we ran errands, and enjoyed each others company. Melissa and I always have a lot of laughs and have together. Seemed like we went all over but it was a very fun day.

It is currently snowing outside, we are suppose to get about 8” of snow today. I just don’t understand why we can’t get this snow in December or January when it is good snow. This stuff is wet and heavy and won’t last very look, in fact I think it is suppose to be 50 degrees on Wednesday so any fun we get will be gone by then, so it seems to me that it is just a waste of the good stuff. Kind of sad if you ask me.

Oh well, just more stupid weather.


Today is the start of the 2008 Baseball season, and I am really excited about it. Melissa and I once again have a season ticket package, our first game is Wednesday which will be fun. I am really looking forward to getting to some games. I love baseball and am looking forward to a fun year. The song "Take me out to the Ballgame" turns 100 this season, so that is something.
Win Twins...


No comments: