Friday, April 11, 2008

First Race

So this weekend is my first scheduled running race. Melissa and I are planning on doing the running of the pigs, which is the St. Paul Saints baseball teams 5k. Sounds like it is really a fun race. It is an out and back that leaves from Midway stadium and returns to Midway Stadium. The fee for the race includes a t-shirt, lunch and a ticket to a Saints ball game. I am really looking forward to it. Although the weather has been really crappy I am hoping it is nice for the run. Other then that we have no real big plans for the weekend.

Life is good, I have been running every other night. That has been going good so far, going anywhere between 2 and 3 miles at a time to start. Taking it slow, I still have not heard whether or not I got into the Afton 25k but for now I am thinking that I have and am training for it. I am looking forward to being able to get on my bicycle and ride on the nights that I don't run. I think that will aid in the training.

Ski season is officially over this weekend, the lifts at Lutsen stop running on Sunday. I am sad, but I guess it is time to move on to my spring and summer things. Now if the weather would just improve.

No comments: