Monday, April 14, 2008

First 5k Results

Here are the results from our race yesterday:

Eric
Age 37
Bib Number 220
Division M3539
City Apple Valley MN
Overall Place 203 out of 307
Gender Place 108 out of 123
Division Place 12 out of 15
Finish Time 0:33:42
Mile Pace 10:51/mile
Kilometer Pace 6:44/km

Melissa
Age 39
Bib Number 221
Division F3539
City Apple Valley MN
Overall Place 219 out of 307
Gender Place 109 out of 184
Division Place 19 out of 27
Finish Time 0:34:47
Mile Pace 11:12/mile
Kilometer Pace 6:57/km

The race was really fun; I had a great time and was mostly happy with my results. At about mile 2.8 or so I tweaked my left calf muscle really bad. I was running along really pretty good, at least for me and all of a sudden I had a very bad pain in my calf, I am guessing it was either a cramp or a slight pull. I had to walk for about 10 feet and then I started running again slowly, and the pain worked itself out enough to where I could slowly get back up almost to the speed I was at before the pain. I was able to finish strong but it slowed me down overall. I would have finished in about 31 minutes which I would have been very happy with for my first race, but was still pleased that I was able to finish even though my leg hurt. My goal in this race was to finish and not be last, and I accomplished both. Melissa did really well to; she had a good race with no pain so that was good. I think she is a strong runner, not really fast but more of an endurance runner, she could have probably kept going for another 3 miles with no problem. I really enjoyed my first race and am hoping to do more 5k’s in the future. After the race there was a nice lunch from a local restaurant called Buca’s, normally I am not a fan of that place, but the lunch was a salad, bread and a couple of kinds of pastas, a chocolate chip cookie and sodas or water, it was a very nicely done event and was buffet style which is always fun. Along with the race and lunch everyone got a long sleeved t-shirt and a ticket for a Saints baseball game. I thought it was a great deal and was very glad we did it. The weather was good, it was sunny, but the wind made it a little chilly out. But at least it wasn’t snowing. Overall I was incredibly happy with the race and I had a great time running it with Melissa.









After we got home, we did some of our normal Sunday errands and did some house cleaning. I made a nice dinner and after we relaxed and watched a movie. It was a great weekend.

Looks like the weather is going to be really nice this weekend, so I am going to get out on my bike and also continue my running training for the 25k in July.

No comments: