Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New View

I think I have decided with most certainty that I need a view. My daily life is full of the same thing over and over and all of it without any sort of view. I look out the windows at my home and I look at another house, I look out the windows here at work and I look at another building. No mountains, no lakes, no ocean, I think it is getting old. I think having something to look at would help. I find it very relaxing to be able to look out a window and look at something other then another building. Even though I have a really good job and really like my job, I think I need a change. I really want to slow everything down and live more simply in a place with a view, in a small town that thrives on outdoor activities. Skiing, biking, hiking, camping things like that all within a sort drive. I think every time Melissa and I have head out west to ski it just cements the thought that I really want to live in the mountains. I love the mountains, they are quiet and relaxing and they have their own life to them. You can watch them change, meaning you can watch the weather move in and out, the snow come and go. I think I am sick of the traffic and the always having to wait. Go really fast slam on the breaks, repeat. I gets really old. Maybe as I am getting old my desire for the city is growing less and less. Which is strange because if I had a lot of money I would live in Chicago in a heartbeat, maybe that is because Chicago is so easy to get around in and in theory if you lived in the right area of Chicago you wouldn't even have to drive most of the time. You could ride the subway and maybe bike everyplace. Where we live we are unable to do that stuff easily. I don't know maybe it is all the same no matter where you are. Maybe I would get sick of looking at the mountains too...

I doubt it.

My dreams are unfortunately just dreams and I am to chicken to pull any of it off...

No comments: