Monday, June 2, 2008

Personal Best

So yesterday Sunday June 1st I ran my best 5k to date. It was great, I am waiting for the official results to be posted online but I did look at the results after the race and I came in 82nd out of 400+ runners, I can’t remember the exact number of racers right now. I finished in 28:47 with a pace of 9:16, I was VERY happy with those results. My goal was to finish under 30 minutes and I did that and then some so it was all good. The course was really nice; it started on the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis and then ran down along the river and then turned, came back over the bridge and wrapped its way by the Mill City museum and then finished a block from the old depot. It was a nice course, one huge hill that sucked but otherwise it was great. After the race they had a band that was playing so that was fun. Melissa did well on her race as well; she hurt her knee again so she wasn’t very happy about that side of things but hopefully we can get everything worked out with that deal and she will be back on track. My friend Berry also ran the 5k yesterday, he did really well, finished 24th overall, I can’t remember his time but obviously it was really a good time. Overall the race was really fun. There was also a 5k9 so it was fun to see all of the dogs out there as well.

I am hoping to do some biking this week, the weather has been kind of crappy the past week, and with the rain the trails have been closed. So if nothing else I will have to get my road bike out and do so riding.

I am now 1 month away from my 25K… Yikes! Training will be kicking into high gear this month.

May totals:
Running: 54.83 miles
Biking: 136.76 miles

I am hoping to post the official results from yesterdays race soon.

No comments: