Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Training Done, Race, It's On

OK, so I could not finish my running portion of my 25k training on a low note like my run last week, so I decided to go out last night and do a quick 6.5 mile run. I went over to Terrace Oaks again the scene of the Not-So-Good run and did 2 laps around the expert cross country ski trail. It is a 3.2 mile loop, it is very hilly, but there are some flat fast spots as well. I think it is a great loop for training. My run went really good, I was very happy with my results. I did the 6.5miles in 1 hour 11 minutes, it was a great pace. And again well within my planned pace for the 25k. So I was very happy with my final run.

I think I am ready for my race, I have I have a good plan as to how I am going to run it so I can finish in one piece. All of the finishers get a medal so I now have hardware in my sights... In the few races that I have run there hasn't been and hardware so I am hoping I can do it. Getting a medal would be very cool.

After my run, I went home and BBQ'd 2 very awesome cheeseburgers. And relaxed... It tuned out to be a good day.

June totals:

Running: 46.10 miles

Biking: 112.80 miles.

Kind of a light month, lots of rain and crappy days.

No comments: