Monday, August 17, 2009

Lazy Days

Lately I have just really been feeling lazy. I think I have ridden my bikes a total of about 200 miles this year. I just have had no desire at all. It just hasn't been that fun to me for some reason. Oh well. I think it might be the crappy summer weather we are having either it is cold or it is hotter then hell and humid. Anyway. I am taking two classes this fall, they start next Monday and I am looking forward to them as I inch ever closer to my degree. I really enjoy taking classes, it is a great distraction from every day life and I love to learn. I really think I am enjoying college much more now as an adult then I would have straight out of high school. Although I am now to old to do what I really think I should have.

Melissa and I are planning a trip to the BWCA for the first weekend in October. It looks like I am finally going to get up there. I have been talking about it forever and was to chicken to pull the trigger. Looks like this is going to be the year. We have a tenative route picked out and have our entry point. I even have a outfitter chosen for our canoe rental. We are starting to plan for gear and get things together. Luckily we have a ton of stuff so really the only thing we will have to rent is canoes and paddles. I am excited about the prospect of finally getting a trip in up there. The weather hopefully will be good. It will be nice and cool and hopefully there will not be any bugs and hopefully no bears.

I have really no had much desire to work lately either which isn't a huge shock to anyone but coming back from Hawaii and then going back to work was really hard. I wish I knew what I wanted to do when I grow up. I am just not sure that being an IT guy is it.

My 20 year High School reunion is this weekend. I am really looking forward to that. it should be great. I can't wait to see other people that I have not seen since high school. Should be an interesting night.

No comments: