Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big Winners

So last night at the Twins game Melissa and I were sitting in our seats and I was getting my scorecard ready just like I do at every game and a guy in a Metrodome outfit came up to us and said "Do you guys like these seats?" We said, "Yes they were our season ticket seats." He said, "would you like to move to seats behind home plate?" We both said, "yes." and he said, "congratulations, that we were the Majestic Fans of the game." It was pretty cool, besides the upgraded seats, we both got a Twins t-shirt and they showed us on the score board. We went from our seats in 227 row 9 which is just to the third base side of home plate in the upper deck to section 125 row 29 which was right behind home plate on the lower deck. It was pretty cool. I love our seats a lot but it was fun to sit behind the dish. The best thing about sitting down there was you could really hear the crack of the bat. You can of course hear it where we sit, but it sounds so much better from down there. So that was really cool. The game was good, the Twins lost but there were some great plays and lots of hits so it was a fun game to score. It was fun to sit in those seats, I would never pay that kind of dough but it was fun. I am a firm believer that the real fans sit up in the upper decks on the 1st or 3rd base lines because you can see the play develop better up there. But that is just my opinion. My next game is this coming Friday. Should be a fun one as well.

In other news I got my skateboard out a few times this past weekend. It was fun to ride it again. I was happy to see that I could still ride it, the trick part will hopefully come back since I don't quite have my balance back, but at least I can still ride. I am planning on getting out maybe tonight for a bit after work. I have to get a part for my board and am thinking about do that right after work.

Melissa and I are trying to plan a Memorial Day weekend get away. We are thinking of heading to Las Vegas, but I am not sure. I love Vegas so we will see what happens. The idea of 3 days of In-N-Out Burger might be to much to pass up.

No comments: