Monday, April 6, 2009

Baseball is here...

Happy Baseball Opener. Tis a great day indeed. Another baseball season is here. I am looking forward to the season this year. Melissa and I once again have our 20 game season ticket package for the Twins and it looks like they might be a pretty ok team again. I am a little worried about the pitching staff but other then that it should be a fun year. Tonight is the opener for them, our first game is tomorrow. Should be a fun night.

In other news, this is my least favorite time of year. I call it mud season. The ground is wet, snow is melting, lots of rain, lots of mud. In fact we had some snow this past weekend so we had to start the melting process all over again. I would say we saw about an inch and half of very heavy wet snow at our house. The flakes were huge and it was fun to watch it snow, but at the same time it was very bittersweet, thinking to myself this would probably be the last snow for the season around my house. (sigh)

Also this is the time that I watch the resorts out west start to close down for the year. March proved to be an epic month for the resorts I pay attention to, 12-14 feet of snow at almost all of the ones that I care about. Looks like it was another excellent year snow wise for my favorite places. The first one to close for the year ended it season yesterday, Jackson Hole closed after received a little over 11' of snow in March and closed being 100% open, hmmm I wonder how that sits with the hard cores at JH...

I still have no interest in riding my bikes. Melissa is really looking forward to getting on her new road bike and it looks like it is going to be really nice by the end of the week, so it looks like there might be a ride in my future. To be honest at this time I could care a less...

No comments: