Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things

It has been pretty quiet lately, but there are a few fun things going on. I am in my in between time, to damn cold for me to ride my bike and no snow to ski yet, I hate this time of year. Melissa and I are getting ready for our annual pilgrimage to Chicago for the weekend. I can't wait. We have some fun stuff planned while we are there. I love spending the busiest shopping day down on Michigan Avenue, it is just really a cool vibe. There are millions of people milling around and the streets are decorated for Christmas, it is just really cool. This is also a big weekend for Melissa, her 40th birthday is on Sunday. Hopefully she will enjoy her time in Chicago celebrating her birthday. I have a few things planned. I love Chicago, I love to ride the El and walk around looking at stuff, it is a great city. I hope we get a little snow while we are there, that makes it fun and seem more festive.

I have an interview for a job here at the state, I posted for an internal job with another group. The job is virtual machine stuff, it sounds like it will be pretty sweet, all server and SAN stuff, but it sounds like there is a lot of room to test ideas, do research and learn. I am very hopeful for the getting it, it will be higher end IT stuff and be more back office. I have been in IT for almost 10 years and to be completely honest, I am really getting tired of end user support. I want to do other stuff and hopefully this will be my ticket.

I can't believe the holidays are right around the corner. Thanksgiving is in 2 days and Christmas and New Years are right behind that. Seems like only yesterday it was the 4th of July and I was getting ready for my 25k. Man how time passes. I am looking for to the holidays. I love Christmas time. We are getting or tree next Saturday and will be decorating it on Sunday the 4th. We put up our outdoors Christmas lights this weekend, so I think our house looks great as well. We just put up a couple strings of blue icicle lights, and some of the old fashion style lights on our deck. Pretty simple and straight forward but I think it looks nice. I have to go Christmas shopping in the next few weeks. I am not sure what all I am going to get for Melissa, but I have some ideas so that is a start.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: