Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Powder Day!

We went skiing last night as kind of a last minute thing, it was snowing like hell outside when I left work at 4 and wasn't suppose to stop so it seemed like the obvious choice. Melissa and I packed in the car and headed down to Welch, it was slow going and we got there and were on the lift at about 6pm. We have a night season pass which I think is going to turn out to be pretty sweet. Anyway, the snow was really good down there, they had gotten a little more snow then we did at home. The best part was, there was hardly anyone there. Maybe 50 people! Melissa and I had sections completely to ourselves which was very cool. We found good untracked snow all over the hill. The snow was soft and very creamy, it was really nice to ski in. We ended up skiing for about 2.5 hours and it was worth it. We were both really glad that we braved the slippery roads. I am hoping for many more powder days this year.

No comments: