Monday, October 25, 2010

Re-cap

It has been awhile I know and a lot has gone on since I last posted. Let’s recap shall we. The Twins are done playing baseball, booooo. School is going fairly well, I took three classes this semester and 3 is turning out to be to many, but in the long run it is turning out to be a good thing. Yeah that didn’t make any sense at all, but after this semester is done I will have 5 or so classes left which will be so nice. I love school but… My best friend got married this past weekend, so Melissa and I were busy doing wedding stuff. I was in the wedding so that was pretty fun. I have never been in a wedding besides my own so it was good to be up there and see the event from the front row. The wedding turned out to be a blast. I had so much fun. Lots of laughs with Chris and his brother Scott. I have known these guys for 34 years so it was good times. It is funny how time flies, seems like just yesterday we were little kids running around the neighborhood with little in the way of cares. But I am happy for him; he has found someone to spend his life with.

Melissa and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on Oct 21st. Our anniversary got a little screwed up with all wedding stuff going on, so we are headed out of town in early November to celebrate officially, I am really looking forward to that as well.

In other news the 2010/2011 Rockies ski season officially started yesterday, Loveland ski resort in Colorado opened with 1000 vertical feet of skiing. YES! But they were not the first to open this year, Sunday River resort in Maine opened on Friday Oct. 22nd. Awesome! My snowstorm watching begins now. Melissa and I are starting to think about a place to go this year and once again all signs are pointed to a Montana week of skiing. We are thinking about Whitefish again, but I have a few more goals for Big Sky, so I am guessing we are going to end up there. Anyone who reads my blog knows that I have a love affair with Montana. I love skiing there, the place is beautiful, the people are friendly and the snow is amazing and perfect. All signs right now are predicting a good winter for snow so I am hoping we can luck out and score lots and lots of fresh powder to play in.

This year if we do go back to Big Sky, I am going to ski the south face of Lone Mountain, whether it is the run Castro or Lenin it will not matter, but I am going to do one of them, I have been eyeing them for about 2 years and now is the time to make the jump. I have to start training now. They are steep and will be filled with powder so they will be leg killers, sadly I can’t build up the quads skiing around here as I would like, but every little bit will help. I am actually going to start running again. Yikes. There is a running group here in the Twin Cities that opens the dome up to running 2 nights a week starting in Late November and I figure if I run to nights a week, and try to get back to 8-10 miles I will be ready for Montana. I want to be ready in case we get pounded with snow while we are out there.
In other skiing related news, I am about 99% sure I am going to buy a snowboard this year. I really want to give it a try. I would like to be able to do it a bit and have another option for around here. Melissa and I have season passes for Welch Village this year so I am hoping to get a lot of skiing in. The beauty of the season pass is we can head down in the morning, ski for a few hours and then leave when it starts to get busy and not be out much at all.

Life is good, busy but good. Halloween is just around the corner and with that comes the Great Pumpkin. I am with Linus and wait every year for the Great Pumpkin. I am hoping he show this year. We always watch The Shining and have a pizza for Halloween, so that is really fun. I am looking forward to another fun night.

1 comment:

Young Adventures... said...

I can't believe you took 3 classes and are working full time! That is pretty impressive. Happy Anniversary, have a wonderful get away.