Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So


Since I don't have enough things in my life already that could cause me to break my leg, I decided to buy a skateboard. When I was "younger" I used to skate a lot maybe I should say everyday since that would be more accurate. I was a huge skater in high school and even into my early 20's. And to be completely honest I miss it. It was so fun to cruise around on a skateboard, the feeling of sidewalk surfing is just really the best. So I bought one. Skateboards have changed quite a bit since I bought my last one but I still recognized a lot of the names and remembered how to put one together, so I got it and I think it is going to be pretty sweet. I ordered it on line and it will be here on March 2nd or 3rd. I found out that Eagan has a little outdoor skate park which is about 5 miles from my house so I am going to check that out a little bit this summer. I know I can still ollie so that is good. I usually borrow one of the neighborhood kids skates once a year and see if I can still do it. I can. So I just need to get my balance back and remember the fundamentals. I think it will be fun. I like my new board and I am very interested to give it a try again.

In other news I am going skiing tonight. I am meeting my friend Bryan down at Welch right after work. Hopefully the conditions will be good. It has been warm and the snow is pretty crusty, but I am hoping for the best. It looks like we are going to get a huge storm tomorrow. They are talking 8" of freshies. Hmmm powder night at Welch? Might have too...

Also I am about 90% sure I am going to tryout for the ski patrol at Welch for next season. Welch has a try out day on Saturday March 14th. Sounds like they have a meeting and then a ski test. I suppose they just want to make sure that you can actually ski. I hate that kind of stuff. I get nervous. But I think I am going to give it a try. Would be a good way to ski for free and to both help and yell at people. Could be fun.

It is very hard being back. Melissa and I have back to back weekends at Lutsen coming up so that will be awesome. I am looking forward to getting up there. We are spending one weekend up on the mountain at a ski in ski out place and the other will be down at the Cliff Dweller, which Melissa and I both like. So after all of that skiing in Minnesota will pretty much be done, unless of course we get some more snow... I will hope for the best.

No comments: