Monday, January 5, 2009

Another Fine Day

Friday was another really fun ski day at Welch village. On the way down I made my first official HAM contact which was really fun. Spoke with K0JTA for about 20 minutes on the Hampton repeater which I guess is in this guys backyard. So that was pretty cool, really nice guy. Check it out if you are ever in the south metro he is on 147.360 Mhz. So that was really fun. Skiing was great as well. It was a guys night on the slopes, I met my friends Steve and Chris(berry) for a fun night. The snow wasn't very good. Icy in a lot of spots but we looked around and found some good spots so it was all good. We got lots of runs in, had burgers at Madd Jaxx and I talked Steve into racing in the NASTAR open ski race they had there that night. He did great and it was fun to watch him. It was great because most people were all dressed in their racing clothes and there's Steve with twin tip skis and a big old jacket. It was a fun night.

This weekend was fun as well. Saturday Melissa and I hung out and did some stuff around the house which was good. Then we had a very nice dinner and hung out. It was really nice. Sunday I got together with my friend Chris(berry) and we had lunch and went to a few home improvment stores. I am on the quest to build a small antenna for my home HAM radio so I/we were out looking for parts. It was a fun day.

More good news. I just got the Big Sky snow report email and they as of today are 100% open... YEAH!!! All 3,812 acres of glorious powder are ready and waiting for me. We are heading out in early February and I cannot wait!

Well back to work. Cheers for now.

No comments: